Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Awwww, Grendel Got His Mommy to Help

My Battle with Grendel's Mother
http://ndhill.cghub.com
So, I had a fantastic week last week and I was filled with joy and pleasure. But noooo. Someone just had to wake me up from my beauty sleep to tell me the news.Apparently, Grendel's mother wasn't exactly thrilled with me chopping off her son's arm. I know thats her little boy and all, but really? He had to go tell his mom about it? So just like everyday, I walk into the main dining room, but today, I noticed something different. Grendel's arm I had earlier hung from the ceiling was no longer there.  I went to find one of the men I knew well that was staying in Herot as well, but instead found Hrothgar pacing back and forth with anxiety. I asked him what was troubling him, and he told me Grendel's mother had  an arrival last night at Herot, and had taken one of his, the King's,  most dearest friends. I couldn't believe this! I grabbed my sword, Hrunting, and headed to the swampy marsh at once. I dove down deep until I saw her before me, her face with wonderment, and then anger. I realized we were in the lair beneath the water. I took my sword and stabbed her. Guess what? Just my luck, my sword would not enter her flesh. It was completely useless. I fought with my hands, but it wasn't doing me much good. I looked up and noticed a giant carved sword hanging on the wall. Thank God, it was a miracle! I was so angry, steam was blowing from my head. I broke the chains holding it off and grabbed the beautiful sword. I turned around, sword in my hands, and sliced it across her neck. I heard the snaps and tears of the bones between her head and shoulders. She fell, and then was laying on the ground with a pond of blood surrounding the evil monster's mother. Grendel's mother's death was not enough to make me relax just yet. I was in search of another murderer to seek revenge. The runaway foe: Grendel. I ran through the halls and found Grendel laying in the corner. With the last bit of energy in my system, all the anger built inside of me traveled to my arms as the sword was lifted high above my head. My swift, powerful swing decapitated Grendel. Finally, no more death and destruction for this kingdom. My worries were alleviated by the picture that lay lifeless before me. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment