Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Till Death Do Us Apart

The Last Few Minutes
http://english-blog.com
Wow, fifty years went by so quick! It seems like just yesterday I was slaying evil monsters to protect Herot and the kingdom's people. I wake up every morning to see Grendel's head in a top notch glass case for all to look upon after I brought it back to the King after our battle. Unfortunately, I discovered some stupid brigand decided to steal a dragon's jeweled cup. Personally, what's the big deal? He has a whole board full of gold. Someone sure is selfish! Anyways, now I have to go battle the furious dragon. Isn't that just the icing on top of my cake? However, I may be old, but I definitely still have the skill. I will do whatever it takes to bring peace to Herot once again. The thief led us, myself and eleven other warriors, to the dragon's lair. I screamed out a battle cry to catch the dragon's attention. He turns around, and I could tell that I was not the only one set out on slaughter. This dragon came running at me as if he was running towards the finish line in a marathon. Flames spewing from his mouth surrounded me. In my head, I was thinking, what in the world did I do to get myself in this mess? I lifted my shield in front of me to fortify my defense against his hot, smoky flames tearing away at my fate. The shield started to melt more and more, and I realized I couldn't use it any longer as I threw it to the side. I had nothing to protect me, but my bare hands. My sword and shield were ruined. (I definitely need to get a refund on whoever made these weapons.) My glory denied me for the first time. but I was not ready to leave this world, and I wasn't going to give up hope now. I looked back, and all my men had left me, with the exception of one. My dear friend, Wiglaf, had stayed by my side to assist me. When at last, we gave the dragon our final power-filled attempt to take him down. The dragon fell over the edge of the cliff and tumbled to his death. I was desperately tired. I lost my balance, and plumped down on the ground. My side was bleeding , and my words were short. Before I left this world, I told Wiglaf of my wishes for the tower and asked that the riches that belonged to the dragon be buried . I then finally closed my eyes for the last time with the rewards of bravery in my heart for the people of the kingdom to glorify.

No comments:

Post a Comment