Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Looks Like Grendel Could Use a "Hand"

The Wrath of My Strength Against
Grendel
http://swotti.com
Tonight is showtime! Hrothgar has asked for my men and I to be prepared for Grendel late at night. My men laid down on the floors of Herot and I waited in a nearby room. I watched the doors to the hall steadily, as if at any time, Grendel would break the doors on a lunatic killing spree. My beady owl eyes were growing weary and as hour by hour passed, I was starting to feel a little drained out, but nothing could take my anxiousness away. To be honest, I was a little nervous; I mean how am I not to be? This crazy beast has ripped off men's heads and chewed on their limbs. Despite this, I was ready for my time to shine. The hour was late and I was laying on the floor. There was a noise in the distance that sounded like steady, low beats. Thump, Thump, Thump. I waited a few seconds to identify the sound- my heart barely beating and my breaths short. I tilted my head towards the entrance, and there was a loud, fierce blow to the door. The iron keeping the gates locked shattered into pieces; I knew at once it was Gendel's arrival and the battle may not be as simple as I thought. I watched him snatch up men and eat them one by one as if they were just popcorn at the movies. He faced my direction and our eyes met. He swept me up, and we immediately went at it.  There was no stopping us until our fate, chosen by God, would take one of us to death's cold grips. I put one specific punch to him, and Grendel looked as if he were shocked to see the power I contained within my body. I took my sword and severed his arm off. Blood gushed from the now missing limb. He shrieked and ran from my presence in Herot. I thanked God for sparing me in the gruesome battle with my qualified opponent as Grendel ran out the door in excruciating pain.  I still had tension and anger on my heart, so I swiftly picked up his arm and hung it from the rafters on the ceiling. My work was done. I could now finally breathe and rejoice in the victory before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment