Monday, October 25, 2010

Voyage to the New Land

Today, I set out to a land I have never been before filled with troubles and tribulations. My companion told me this morning of a powerful monster who lived deep within the swampy marshes. Disgusting! He told me the people call him Grendel. A while ago, Grendel invaded Herot, a fabulous mead-hall that is ruled by a wise, old man named Hrothgar. Hrothgar is King of the Danes, and he is quite some carpenter. King Hrothgar built Herot, nail by nail, board by board, just for the people of his kingdom. Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, Grendel entered Herot. This mysterious, strong, psychotic monster snatched up thirty men late at night in the pure darkness and slaughtered them limb by limb. This beast was so greedy, he just couldn't ever quench his lust. He slipped through the door at Herot and smashed them, right then and there, as they were laying in beds sleeping their minds away. He even took his precious little souvenirs and ran back to his lair as if he were some evil scientist.The men's blood fell down like Hansel and Gretel  when they dropped bread crumbs behind them on their walk. The bodies he killed satisfied him at the time, but I believe that he will keep coming for more. The whole story made me absolutely sick! The news angered me, and I knew I couldn't just sit back and let this continue. How would I feel if more people were killed because of my own personal unwillingness to help when it was needed most. This is why I'm packing my bags and headed for the highway. Actually, I'm just sailing across the sea to this troubled land in which Grendel resides.I have decided to bring along fourteen others to act as Robin to my Batman-ness. These men are the bravest and the strongest of all warriors I know of. I'm anxious and prepared for the adventure that awaits me. He won't stand a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment